Features of the Campaign
1. Making villages self-sufficient in water & creating "Islands of Excellence"
2. Four year program, each phase of one year
3. Launched across 295 Blocks of 33 districts
4. People's participation
5. Mobilizing financial resources from multiple sources- Line Departments, NGOS, Corporate houses, Religious Trusts,Nonresident villagers, Social groups etc.
6. Use of technology
7. Construction of low cost water harvesting structures onwatershed approach
• Emergence of selfwater reliant villages
• Increase in groundwater level, availability of surface flow in the main stream of watershed and availability of drinkingwater
• Increase in irrigated area, cultivable area and crop production
• Change in the cropping pattern
• Reduction in suspended sediments in flowingwater of main streams and reduction in depletion of ground water